GB Collects, LLC (GBC) values the privacy and confidentiality of information received in the course of conducting our service. We take a serious approach to our responsibility of protecting that information and as such maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to guard nonpublic personal information and to comply with federal and state laws. In addition, we regularly review our policies and practices, monitor our computer networks, and test the strength of our security.
HOW PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED:
• We collect and use information necessary to administer our business and to provide our service.
• Information is obtained from clients, their customers, its vendors, business partners, employees, and other third parties.
o From our customer, through email, fax, written correspondence.
o From companies and individuals, through telephone interviews, email, fax, letters.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT:
• Information collected may include the following:
o e-mail address
o telephone number
o account number
o social security number
o financial information
o copies of documents or other forms as required.
• GBC may also legally obtain access to public records, including court filings or tax data.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We use personal information to assist in our efforts to recover outstanding receivables for our customers.
Personal information is prohibited from being stored on any form of portable electronic media.
OUR PRIVACY PRINCIPLES
• We do not sell personal information.
• We do not use personal information for marketing purposes.
• We do not allow those who are doing business on our behalf to use our consumer information for their own marketing purposes.
• We do not provide personal information to anyone other than the intended party or GBC Business Associates as needed in order to administer service.
• We do not share personal information with any external party or anyone within GBC, unless they are authorized, permitted or required to have such information in order to perform their job responsibilities.
SAFEGUARDS TO PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION:
We maintain physical, electronic, and organizational safeguards to protect consumer information. We continually review our policies and practices, monitor our computer networks, and test our security to ensure the safety of consumer information.
GBC maintains the following policies and procedures:
• System Lockdown of servers during initial installation and configuration.
• Background Screening of all personnel and ongoing systems security training.
• Use of confidentiality agreements for all employees and independent contractors.
• Restricted access to authorized personnel, who have a bona-fide business reason.
• Intrusion detection policy to prevent unauthorized access.
• Encrypted e-mail
• Password policy
QUALITY OF INFORMATION:
Information is validated by our customers prior to submission to GBC. We take additional steps to ensure the accuracy of the data we secure.
DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES:
GBC does not disclose nonpublic information supplied by customers to anyone, except as permitted by law or authorized by the customer. We are committed to protecting our customer’s information, including information covered under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and the Gramm Leach Bliley Act (GLBA). Under HIPAA we protect our customers’ Protected Health Information (PHI) and under GLBA we protect our customers’ Non-Public Personal Information. From time to time GBC may disclose personal information to authorized third parties, such as law firms or payment processing companies, for the sole purpose of collecting a debt or processing a payment. GBC has no direct control over the privacy policies or procedures of third parties, and is not responsible for such policies and procedures.
In the event any misuse of information is discovered or reported by any 3rd party for which GB Collects provided information we will take the necessary steps to correct the incident. We will immediately notify all parties involved as well as provide details on the action taken to correct the incident.
DESTRUCTION AND DISPOSAL OF DATA COLLECTED:
Contract for the Removal and Destruction of paper records.
GB Collects is contracted with a 3rd party vendor that is in the business of certified and secure removal and destruction of paper records. All paper records in our possession for sixty (60) days are placed in a locked box for destruction by our contracted vendor.
• Vendor is fully compliant with FACTA and GLB Act along with the Patriot Act, and HIPAA.
• Vendor is also compliant with the New Jersey Identity Theft Prevention Act.
• Vendor is fully Insured and bonded.
• All of their employees undergo a thorough background check.
Disposal of Electronic Records:
Electronic records are stored on a secure server for an indefinite period of time. However, the following process is in place should it become necessary to dispose of any electronic records; the manager of the user of the electronic records must determine what the level of maximum sensitivity of data stored on the device is. Below is listed the action based on data sensitivity according to the data assessment process.
• Unclassified – No requirement to erase data but in the interest of prudence normally erase the
data using any means such as reformatting or degaussing.
• Sensitive – Erase the data using any means such as reformatting or degaussing.
• Confidential – The data must be erased using an approved technology to make sure it is not
readable using special hi technology techniques. The currently approved method of erasing the
data is to use the program D-BaN to erase the data using the DoD option. This option erases the
data using 7 complete passes on the hardrive.
Our Sites may use “cookies” to improve our level of service to you. Cookies are text transmitted to your browser when you click on a site. Your browser stores the text on your hard drive and when you return to that site, it is transmitted back to the server that originally sent it to you. Cookies provide a way for a server to recall a previous request or registration, or keep track of a transaction as it progresses, so that information does not have to be repeated. To be notified when you are about to receive a cookie, you can configure your browser to alert you when a site is attempting to send you a cookie and at that time you will have the option of refusing the cookie. You can check your hard drive for cookie files, on the “cookies.txt” file on your PC’s hard drive; or under “magic cookies” on a Macintosh. If you choose to disable these cookies, some or all of the functionality of our Sites may be unavailable to you.
ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION:
Individuals have the right to review, update, and correct any of your personal information. Please direct all inquiries in writing to: GB Collects Compliance Manager – c/o GB Collects – 145 Bradford Drive – West Berlin, NJ 08091. Please be sure to include your name, address and daytime phone number so we can contact you.
If for any reason you are denied access to your personal information, the reason(s) will be communicated to you in writing.
Any corrected information will be communicated to our clients.